Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flu, Fall and Football

Ok so today there's not any pictures.... This will be a fairly short post, I think. :-)

Matt has had a very mild case of the flu and has stayed home with Jason the past 2 days. I have a sore throat which I'm hoping isn't going to develop into Strep Throat like it usually does. We are in full swing selling popcorn for Cub Scouts so if you need any, contact us or your local Boy/Cub Scouts. :)

Isn't this early part of fall one of your favorite times of year? TO see the leaves start to change colors and smell leaves burning just makes you feel festive and thankful for all God has blessed us with. I noticed that one of the local Pumpkin Farms is open and some of the area daycares are going to be taking the kids on "hayrides" and such at it. I am trying to decide if we should carve a Jack-O-Lantern this year or just keep the pumpkin whole.

Well, The Razorbacks WON against Texas A&M on Saturday! Can I get a Wooooooooooooo PIG SOOOOIIIEEEE???!!!! Well done! GO HOGS!!! I bought a Razorback fleece blanket at Wal-Mart and the boys have been arguing to see who gets to sleep under it each night. HA! How's that for team loyalty? Jason...the lone Georgia boy....just doesn't get it and shakes his head at 'em.

At church, the ladies have been studying Beth Moore's Bible Study of Esther, and I must say, she brings things out that I would NEVER have thought of. Take for instance...when Mordecai asked Esther to go before the king....Esther hadn't been in the king's presence for 30 days! Can you imagine your husband not asking for you for a whole month? WOW!

Well, that's all for today. Hope all's well in your neck of the woods.

Happy Fall Ya'll!

Dea

No comments: