Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 4

Happy Friday, everyone!  Today is my birthday & I think watching Matthew & Omri bond is probably the BEST birthday present I could ever ask for!

We spent the morning going over basic obedience commands, distractions, heeling, etc.  Then, after lunch, we headed to the mall in Beavercreek.  I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any pics for today.  ( I honestly don't think I would've had the time to take any 'cause I was so focused on Matthew & Omri.)  He did a most excellent job!  The biggest distraction we had were the 3-4 year-olds.  Omri really wanted to just go running up to them & give them "kisses".  :-)  He didn't, but you could tell he WANTED to.  Other than that, he did great! We'd walk into a store & he'd just stand, sit or lie down til we told him otherwise.  A lot of the mall patrons wanted to pet Omri.  For us, that's no big deal as that's part of his job.  We want him to bridge the gap Matthew sometimes has in social situations.  Omri will hopefully get other kids to think Matthew's cool cause he has this really awesome dog and they'll want to hang out with Matt.  He really feels like no one likes him sometimes.  As a mom, it just breaks my heart to hear him say that.  He also says no one loves him.  Omri is really starting to build his self-confidence.  :-)  Omri is also starting to obey Matthew when he gives Omri commands.  Matt's chest just about bursts with pride when he does that.  It's cool to watch.

Anyway, sorry for no pics, but I'll try to take some tomorrow.  Oh, almost forgot, when we first got to the mall, we got Chick-Fil-A, and Omri just went into an "under" and stayed there til I told him to heel.  Everyone in the food court was looking over & grinning at us.

Hope ya'll had a wonderful day, also!

Love,
Dea

No comments: