Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, we fell in love with our  newest addition!
Matthew giving Omri treats

Omri's happy!  Sorry about the blur, but he kept moving..or I did...not sure which!








This was worth EVERYTHING!

Here's a small update of our day.  I'm kinda tired cause I didn't get to sleep until after 1 last night so this may be short, but here goes.  
We were EXTREMELY surprised when Jeremy, the head trainer, said," Matthew, are you ready?  Let's bring out Omri, first!"  WOW!  We were definitely not expecting to be first!  Matthew was grinning from ear to ear!  He resembled the Cheshire Cat!  At first, Matthew was kinda overwhelmed with the sights, scents, etc., but by the end of the day, he & Omri were starting to be buds.  :)  The morning was pretty much taken up with intro's & "getting to know your dog" stuff.  This afternoon, we learned basic obedience things like sit, down, etc.  The dogs are pros at this....me?...not so much!  HA!  
The differences in dialect and intonation between the handlers and the trainers will slightly confuse the dogs until they get to know us & respect a little more than they did today.  Omri tried all his tricks to get treats until the trainers and Jeremy worked with me to learn how the dogs were trained.  People wondered why I had to go to training for 2 weeks.  Let me tell you, 2 weeks doesn't seem like it's going to be long enough.  Other parents who've gone before me have done it, so I know it isn't impossible...overwhelming, but not impossible.
Omri is staying at the training center tonight, but tomorrow, he'll come back to the motel with us.  That may provide a little anxiety for me...not Matthew!  It's been a LONG time since I've had an inside dog.  Anyway, I'll try to take more pics tomorrow & post them on here.  Please leave me a comment here so I'll know you dropped by.BIG THANK you to everyone who helped get us here & who helped us raise the money necessary to train Omri.

Love,Dea and Matthew 

No comments: